During this class you will:
- Learn the difference between taste and flavor
- Taste different types of malt
- Smell hops from the US and Europe
- Taste and study six foundational beer styles
- Understand the common variations that occur in beer styles
- See how other styles relate to the core six
- Learn how to talk about the flavor of any beer with customers
- Participate in creating flavor descriptions for six classic beers
- Review proper beer service for bottles and draft
- Experience a common off flavor caused by poor beer management
- Learn how to spot a dirty beer glass from across the room
Participants also receive a short book of readings and resources to help them prepare for the Certified Beer Server exam. Combined with the class, this book will prepare individuals to take the exam and join the ranks of more than 60,000 beer professionals who have achieved this certification. (Note: the cost of the class does not include the exam.)
Class price: $99 per person.
Cancellation Policy: Course is non-transferable. If you cancel your registration less than six weeks prior to the course date, you will receive a 50% refund.